Thursday 20 November 2014

The Vamps concert in Cardiff!

Hey guys!
So I know I haven't posted on here in a while and thats mainly because I'm trying to work on quite a big post for you and couldn't think of anything to post during that. Anyway I was brainstorming last night and suddenly came up with this! I can't believe I hadn't thought about writing a blog about this earlier!
 I went to see The Vamps live in concert in Cardiff, in Wales (as you may or may not know thats 6 hours away as I live in Norwich!!) On 11th October, with my sister, Mum and Dad. As you may already know if you read the 20 facts about me blog post, I am a massive fan of the band The Vamps. The band consists of four members: James Mcvey, Connor Ball, Tristan Evans and Brad Simpson. They are an indie-pop style band and in my opinion are the best.
 Anyway enough about the background of these four amazing boys and back to the concert itself! I went to bed the night before buzzing about the next day and i couldn't get to sleep in the end I read for about 2 hours and then finally fell asleep complete with kindle in hand! (Great way to fall asleep if you just can't!!) I woke the next morning at 8am and couldn't understand why I had butterflies in my stomach then I realised, The Vamps were today!!! Anyway at 9am we left to go to Cardiff. We arrived at about 3:30pm and went straight to the hotel where we dropped our bags off and I began the long process of getting ready. I also forced my mum and dad to listen to The Vamps the whole time as I thought that they needed to get into the spirit of things! After I was ready, at about 5pm we went down to the restaurant/pub thing in the hotel and i got a coca cola. We needed to kill sometime as the doors opened at 6:30. Once the clock ticked over to 6:20 we left the hotel and walked down to the venue (5 mins away.) It was at that moment that I realised this really was for real. We had to walk half way round the venue before we reached the end of the queue, but luckily once we got there the queue was moving fairly quickly as that was when the people were starting to be let in.
   When we got in and found our seats, me and my Dad went off to find where all the merchandise was being sold and I got into that queue which seemed just as long as the one outside! Once I finally got to the front I told the lady serving me what I wanted and she went and grabbed it. Heres what I bought:




As well as the things above I bought a T-shirt, however it is currently in the wash and so I can't photograph it. It is just plain black but with orange 'The Vamps' logo written on the front. On the back in white writing is all of the tour dates from the 2014 Meet The Vamps tour. 
   Once we got back from the merchandise store we all sat down and waited for the concert to begin. At about 7pm E of E came onto the stage and performed three of their songs and got the crowd going. After that Luke Friend entered and performed his two songs. The last warm up act of the night was Nina Nesbitt. Her set was amazing nearly as good as The Vamps! Haha! Anyway at about 8:30 on came THE VAMPS!! Their set was absolutely amazing. It was magical and I couldn't have had a better night. When the encore came they performed risk it all and Can we dance (both classics!) It couldn't have ended so perfectly ! I was buzzing when I got back to the hotel and, yet again, I couldn't sleep. I was awake until nearly 4am reliving the moment. Watching all of my videos scanning through my photos and reading my programme. When I woke early next morning I couldn't help but feel a little sad and down that it was now over but I will always have that memory to stick. Here a few of my photos from the night: 











It's a perfect band to end a perfect evening.
Emma  

P.S. Heres a link to The Vamps youtube channel in case you're wondering who they are or what their music is like:  https://www.youtube.com/user/thevampsofficial

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Your blog is so lovely and so are your posts! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin? x

    www.sabrinnax.com | musings of a Miu Miu, french bulldog, coffee obsessed girl.
    bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12565047

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came to my city but I couldn't go and see them :( they looked amazing!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realize how wonderful it is to attend some concerts or some music plays. This feeling produced by the experience of me watching the music show "Cat, the memory back" I almost cry during the show i love the show since i was a boy and you know sometimes even though you do not like the show or the artist at first you will get excited because u can totally feel the atmosphere.

    I am Royal from http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete